Lean for Climate Transform
What Costs are Eligible?
- Trainees’ personnel costs for the hours during which the trainees participate in the training − Internal trainee time is based on actual pay rates subject to a cap of €350 per day.
- Trainers’ personnel costs, for the hours during which the trainers participate in the training − Eligible external trainer costs are capped at €900 per day including expenses. Actual costs to the company are based on market rates and may be higher. − Internal Trainer time is based on actual pay rates subject to a cap of €350 per day.
- Course costs for approved external courses that support the project goals.
- Travel & subsistence costs where applicable for company staff to attend training off-site, or to attend Lean Best Practice site visits to external organisations in Ireland or internationally as part of the training programme − Business Development, Sales or Conference travel is NOT eligible.
- Materials costs are allowable where there are materials required for the training project that are not readily available. This can include − costs of specific workbooks or other non-routine training materials − license costs for the use of software or e-learning/VR/AR content Materials costs are not allowed for – general stationery (flip-charts, paper, photo-copying etc) – costs for Learning Management platforms – the development of training content.
- Where approved by Enterprise Ireland, eligible costs can include rental costs of training facilities where it can be demonstrated that adequate facilities are not otherwise available to the company.
Are You Eligible?
When designing your LeanTransform programme, it may be helpful to refer to the Sample Training Specifications for LeanTransform and Operational Excellence projects.
If any expenditure is incurred on the project prior to the Start-date (receipted application by the Enterprise Ireland Grant Applications department), the entire project will be deemed to be ineligible.
The proposed training costs will be assessed and approved by an Enterprise Ireland Lean Executive and approved costs contained in the grant Letter of Offer.
The percentage and level of funding will be determined on a case-by-case basis by the Enterprise Ireland Investment Committee. Maximum rates are 50% for a Large company, 60% for a Medium-sized company, and 70% for a small company.
Receipt of other grants from Enterprise Ireland may impact your eligibility for support under this initiative.