What is GreenPlus?
A GreenPlus project is a medium-scale training project facilitated/supported by an external environmental expert.
The aim of the project shall be to develop a high level of environmental management capabilities, drive environmental efficiencies, and achieve improved sustainability by establishing and embedding continuous improvement systems and behaviors. This will increase the agility and resilience of client companies to climate change impacts.
Eligible activities include developing a comprehensive climate change and sustainability plan and aligning to international standards and frameworks.
In order to support the change process within the company, the grant can also be used to cover part of the salary cost for up to 10 company green project team members over the project duration. The goal of the project team members is to develop and implement environmental best practices within the company by learning themselves and subsequently training others in environmental improvement tools and techniques. The project team members will be responsible for driving continuous environmental improvement and efficiency.
Projects may vary in size and scope but will typically be 12 months in duration.
Am I Eligible?
GreenPlus is open to SME’s and large companies that are Enterprise Ireland, IDA and Udaras na Gaeltachta clients.
HPSU clients in receipt of EI Investment funding are not eligible for a period of 3 years after the investment.
If you are not a client of Enterprise Ireland, IDA, or Udaras client and employ less than 10 employees, you should consider the Green for Micro program.
What costs are eligible and what is the maximum funding available?
Eligible costs include:
- External Training or Advisory Services provided by a suitable Service provider. Supported daily rates for Training or Advisory Services are capped at €900 per day inclusive of travel and subsistence and all out-of-pocket expenses. Note that actual costs to the company are based on market rates and may be higher.
- The salary cost of up to 10 company green project team members, up to 50% of the total project cost, subject to a maximum of 100 days each at a maximum supported rate of €200 per day.
- Training course fees may be approved for specialized external courses that support the project goals. Training courses should be less than 30 days in duration.
Ineligible costs include:
- General Consultancy including Market research, IT implementation, Financial review and planning, HR consulting or Health and Safety training.
- Capital equipment, materials, or travel and subsistence costs.
- Energy audits by companies are already required to carry out an energy audit under the Energy Efficiency Directive.
- If the project is focused on Energy Efficiency Design, the company will be directed to apply to SEAI (EXEED; Stage 1).
The government agencies will provide grant funding for 50% of the eligible project costs up to a maximum of €100,000 (€50,000 grant).
Contact us to learn more about how Climeaction from Leading Edge Group can support your Greenplus program.
Towards Funding Project Costs of €100,000
Members of Enterprise Ireland, IDA and Udaras na Gaeltachta